CUHC is the largest and most successful sports club in Cambridge. Whilst having over 120 current playing members, you don’t need to still be a student to be a part of CUHC!
The Vann Club
The Vann club is purposely for CUHC alumni. The club is named in honour of Lt. Col. The Rev Bernard William Vann who received a Cambridge hockey blue in 1910. Lt. Col. The Rev Bernard William Vann was the only ordained clergyman of the Church of England to win the Victoria Cross in the Great War as a combatant.
What does the Vann Club do?
The purpose of the Vann Club is to provide information to CUHC alumni about Varsity Matches and significant updates occurring at the club. Fear not, you won’t receive a weekly email with the training schedule!
As a member of the Vann Club, you will receive:
- A regular newsletter, with updates about the club!
- Invitations to the annual Alumni matches and Varsity Matches.
- Invitations to the triennial Alumni Dinner hosted at Jesus College.
How can you help us?
In a novel attempt at long-term planning by CUHC, we’re looking to our illustrious alumni in order to:
- Waiting for Totton…
Becoming a member
We highly recommend signing up to the Vann Club when you leave Cambridge. We also ask for your help to raise money to support current members of the club.
To become a member of the club, we ask each alumnus to set up an annual standing order with CUHC:
- Download the CUHC standing order form (click on the link to download it).
- Please send to CUDAR as instructed.
- Please also send a copy of it to our Senior Treasurer so that we have a record of who is giving:
- Via email: Senior Treasurer,
- Via Post:
Dr D. I. Wilson, Senior Treasurer CUHC, Jesus College, Cambridge, CB5 8BL
Alternatively, for one-off donations, please use the link below:
Your support is greatly appreciated and makes a significant difference to the running of CUHC. If you have any questions regarding the Vann Club, please .
To peruse the team sheets and results of Blues’ Varsity matches, please visit our Varsity Archive.